ЛАРП

26 Април, 2018, 06:03:31 am
Добре дошъл/дошла, Гост. Моля, въведи своето потребителско име или се регистрирай.

ЛАРП България - НОВИНИ

ЛАРП » English section » English section » LARP Serbia » Vladimirovac 2010 »Тема: Larp in Serbia, 6-10 May 2010

Автор Тема: Larp in Serbia, 6-10 May 2010  (Прочетена 10019 пъти)

0 Потребители и 1 Гост преглежда(т) тази тема.

CAsper

• Публикации: 18
  • Liked: 0
    • Профил
    • My Deviant Art page
Re:Larp in Serbia, 6-10 May 2010
« Отговор #45 -: 31 Март, 2010, 04:10:34 am »
The game mechanics and combat rules.

1. Hit to the arm or leg will make you bleed. You can make two moves before you pass out.  Hit to the body,  will get you on the ground immediately.
2. You have 10 minutes to get patched up or you die. 
3. No hits to the Head, neck, hands and groin. They are illegal and don't count, except with missiles (arrows, bolts, sling projectiles, javelins). Valid headshots count as body-shots.
4. All armour protects you against all weapons.
5. Weapons with black ribbons pierce all armour. Each group of players will get several black ribbons.
6. AP weapons should be the slowest and heaviest ones. ...I'll have to figure out which of your weapons will fit our rules etc.

7. Do not hit unarmed players and those wearing red ribbons.
8. If there is a problem, talk to the judge - yellow ribbon
9. when you die, tie on a white ribbon, and do not talk about the game with any players. Do not talk with the live ones at all, unless they are using a skill for that.

10. Thrusts should be light. Valid cuts and strikes are discomforting, close to pain, but they should not hurt.

11. If you are handed a card, or you find one, or seek it, read it, and do what it says. 
12. If you hear a little bell ringing, you have stumbled upon a trap. The part of the body that activated a bell is wounded, but you don't bleed.
13. you may be under effect of or use one positive spell at the time (ie bless) and more than one negative. 99% spells, poisons etc. expire at the time of death or earlier.
14. you have a limited number of lives, and when your character returns to the resurrection point after loosing the last life, he dies.
15. When you die, the weapon and shield (and the piece of armour that was pierced, if it was pierced) are considered destroyed. You need a craftsman to repair them. 

16. Do not abuse the rules. Do not powerplay. (ie. a druid sells all of his mana, buys a life and kills himself. )

This is the most basic field manual translated. Do not worry about else, it will be explained on site, but keep on asking questions.
Charracter building might give me some headache, but I'll translate more, and hand it out as a *.pdf in the weeks to come.
The rules are simple.

There are a couple of more points though...

IF I get the battle magic sorted out, than it will be used in an unrestricted manner.  If I don't, which is most likely to be the case, we'll limit it to in-a-group-only. Ie, Knights of the Green Banner will not be able to use it on Guard of Ravens, nor vice versa.

Cards are used for magic, special skills and abilities. Skills can be used direclty (ie. mage makes the target fall in love with a zombie) or indirectly, through potions, food and objects. This is done by doing the magic ritual with an achemyst present, than sticking the card on a flask, food, in a box etc.  Skills cover these areas: traps, healing, searching, mind control (and related ), poison and power-ups.

Most skills spend 1 mana (players have 10 by default). Mana, lifes, etc. can be transferred into potions for another day or sale.

I will translate the short manual. Also, anyone willing to use any skills, magic etc. should post her/his wishes here so I could have that in mind.  That is one of the reasons I was asking for character info.

Now, that was long. 3 posts.  huh.  ...but there's juice for more tomorrow. :)

Lt. Hellen Frost

• Диктатор
  • Публикации: 2285
  • Liked: 1000
    • Профил
« Отговор #46 -: 13 Април, 2010, 10:21:38 am »
OK, yesterday was the deadline to confirm, it seems 6 people from Bulgaria are coming.

CAsper

• Профил
    • My Deviant Art page
« Отговор #47 -: 13 Април, 2010, 19:48:44 pm »
OK, that's a group. :)

robber

• Арбитър
  • Публикации: 271
  • Liked: 4
    • Профил
« Отговор #48 -: 15 Април, 2010, 09:35:00 am »
We will be 6 people with 2 cars.
Will go on 05.05.2010 morning and we hope be there around 15-16-17h.

IYI

Lt. Hellen Frost

• Диктатор
    • Профил
« Отговор #49 -: 15 Април, 2010, 10:56:56 am »
we hope be there around 15-16-17h.

Good timing we have :D

Maybe you could give us a contact number so that we can be more precise once we cross the border? Which leads to my next question - we arrive in Belgrade - what next?

robber

• Арбитър
  • Публикации: 271
  • Liked: 4
    • Профил
« Отговор #50 -: 15 Април, 2010, 11:00:27 am »
I have a needed names and phone numbers ....

After Belgrade we go to Vladomirovac :) then will call some one if we can`t find the place
IYI

Lt. Hellen Frost

• Диктатор
    • Профил
« Отговор #51 -: 15 Април, 2010, 11:43:24 am »
Good, I know you are in contact, but being the driver of the second car, I would like to have them too, if it is not a problem.

Another question: is it allowed/are there facilities to set a fire (fireplace)?

CAsper

• Профил
    • My Deviant Art page
« Отговор #52 -: 16 Април, 2010, 07:10:34 am »
Yes, camping fires are OK in camps, as well as smoking.

I will PM you the instructions and hopefully a map.

CAsper

• Профил
    • My Deviant Art page
« Отговор #53 -: 16 Април, 2010, 14:24:58 pm »
Here's the English edition of the rules. It is slightly brief, but it works. The field rules posted earlier still apply, this is just a longer version.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=76LHRHSC

Lt. Hellen Frost

• Диктатор
    • Профил
« Отговор #54 -: 16 Април, 2010, 18:21:28 pm »
"The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable."

Азар

• Lightbringer
  • Публикации: 390
  • Liked: 73
  • Боил на Мрака
    • Профил
    • Бялата страница
« Отговор #55 -: 17 Април, 2010, 11:26:15 am »
I have it. You just have to wait a bit, cause it's an regular download with the lowest priority to the site.  ;)

bg. link:  http://darktemplar.hit.bg/GLARS_0-6-0-1_eng.pdf   :)

Casper: Thank you for the trouble of making all this. :) Nevertheless, I have several questions regarding the rules. Sorry if they are many and if something was written and i missed it, i just want to straighten up several things that differ from our rules:

Armour and weapons:
The PDF file does not mention how many protection points are given by the different armor types (as materials they are made of or other criteria) and are the points from different types stackable and so on.
Also it's not written anywhere what damage points are caused by the different weapon types. It is important for us to know theese in advance, so that we can train at least once by using your rules, so that we could be adequate and well prepared.
Also I take it that after battle, armor parts that took hits need to be repaired, is that correct?

Combat
Do roleplay cutthroat kills, performed with a knife and the required care, figure in your rules? There is nothing written about that manner in the PDF and here it's a rather popular and frequently used tactic.

Wounds and healers
I thought it's important to ask whether healers are mages with instant healing magical-like abilities or something like field medics. Also are they appointed in advance for all teams or do we have to choose someone to be a healer from our side. Also - if in a battle i lost a limb, is there an option for my limb to be patched up by a healer before the 2 moves and passing out? And just to be on the safe side - by 2 moves you mean 2 only attacks or deffences, not moving around right?
Is there a roleplay shout or signal for the healer to take care of one's wounds before he passes out and if so - is this done during or after a battle.

Lifes
It's said that everyone starts with 10 lives. What happens if they're all lost and the person could not buy more when he had the chance?

Looting
If my character is dead and I am being looted what other items can be taken from me aside from the roleplaying/quest items and money? Can my weapons or other personal inventory be looted?

Bows
I have a wooden bow with strength of about 8-20 kg (17~44 lbs) depending on the length of drawing. While the max force allowed is 35 lbs, would I be allowed to use it, considering i have experience in using it in LARP battles and controlling the strength of the arrow? I need to know in advance so that I'd know whether to bring it or not.

Sorry for the many questions. This is what I thought of, there is a probability that the others could also think of something. Truth be told - the ones considering the armor and weapons are of the biggest importance to us.

Cheers and thanks again! :)
« Последна редакция: 17 Април, 2010, 11:28:11 am от Red Nasmish »

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
- Arthur C. Clarke

CAsper

• Профил
    • My Deviant Art page
« Отговор #56 -: 19 Април, 2010, 16:34:21 pm »
No problem. I'm here to answer questions, so don't be shy to ask if you think that anything is unclear or hasn't been mentioned.  ;)

Armour and weapons:
First, the armour. All armour is the same, and it does not stack.  So, if you wear brigandine over mail, it does not give you aditional protection.
It would be... hum... courteous to wear armour in a proper manner, but that is up to you.
Secondly, armour must only look like armour. That is to say, that there are no minimal thicknesses, additional value for thicker or layered armour, but, again, it would be nice if you would bring only real armour or pieces that have the similar weight to real stuff.  Ie. 1.5-2mm thick breastplates and helms, ~1,2mm greaves, 1,5mm cuises, leather at least 3mm thick and hardened (or leather covered plastic of similar thickness and weight etc.). Any maille is OK, as long as it does not have very large and thin rings, for example, 20mm inner diameter, made out of 1mm wire.   

For example, this is out of the question (although, you may hide it and use it to provide real protection, even though it will not be counted in the game) http://her-sca-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/barrel-armor.jpg

This is OK, although it would be much better if made out of proper steel:
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-73629445586418_2102_11186504
Or leather:
http://www.yamakaminari.com/images/kintarou_profile.jpg
If you opt for leather, 3-4mm make sure it does look like armour, indiscriminately of style:
p://elads.biz/drizzfull.jpg

This time, in order to balance out the game, weapons and armour will be considered indestructible, except if instructed by game-masters.

In the other system that we use for most of events, this is not the case, but that one is far too complicated for this type of event.

Combat
Generally, there is no need for such a rule, as most people can be actually back stabbed, even in armour, as they always leave a gap or two big enough for a knife to go through.  I might add a skill-card that will enable you to backstab someone through armour under certain circumstances prior to the event, or later in the game.
I will have to discuss with the rest of organisers if the throat could be made a legal touch-kill target for out-of combat situations.

Wounds and healers

Цитат
I thought it's important to ask whether healers are mages with instant healing magical-like abilities or something like field medics. Also are they appointed in advance for all teams or do we have to choose someone to be a healer from our side.

There will  be healers as either mages of field-medics, who will be able to do this. They will be chosen among volunteers at the event, or, if anyone really wants to play one, before the event. Healers and clerics are important for balancing the fighting part of the game, so their numbers will be assigned accordingly, and will get special attention.   

Цитат
Also - if in a battle i lost a limb, is there an option for my limb to be patched up by a healer before the 2 moves and passing out? And just to be on the safe side - by 2 moves you mean 2 only attacks or deffences, not moving around right? Is there a roleplay shout or signal for the healer to take care of one's wounds before he passes out and if so - is this done during or after a battle.

Yes, yes and so-so.
If the healer or player can patch himself up in time, it can be done.
 And yes, 2 attacks, 2 deffences or attack and a defense. No moving around, except for crawling or running out of immediate area of battle, than dropping as if two actions were made.
You may call a healer in any way except MEDIC at any time, if your character is conscious, be it during or after the battle, though, it would be appropriate for most, if not all charracters to pass out after the battle, or leaving the immediate area of battle.  That implies that healers would have to search for wounded and spend some time patching and healing them.

Lifes
Your charracter dies for the rest of the event, and you may offer yourself to play a generic NPC if there is available garb or role for one, or sit out the rest of the event.  How will that relate to the charracter that returns back to Bulgaria is a decision I can not make without knowing more about your setting. I am not inclined to "kill" guest charractes for good, so adding some biographical details is the first option. This is what I think will be best discussed on Wednesday evening, when you arrive.

Looting 
Yes and no. All quest items, most of coins,  traps, special objects that are ascribed with any game attributes may be taken without perimssion, except if items are soulbound (which will most likely only be the case with the NPCs).  Your weapons, armour, garb, etc. may be only taken if you allow it. Weapons may also be taken during the battle, without explicit permission,  by players fighting on your side, but must be returned immediately after the battle.

Bows
Humh...
Our law regarding weapons is very strict, and even more stupid, so I advise you not to bring it unless you personally get further info and probably some papers at the embassy. The bow may pass customs as a "toy bow" but you know how idiotic customs officers can be.
IF you find a way to bring it here safely, I'd say it would have a good chance to pass, inspection. We would probably need to either mark the arrows or somehow limit its strenght. If you are willing to mess with the brace height, that would be even better, although I would under no circumstances force you to risk abusing your bow. 

Regarding arrows, I will try to make a drawing to explain manufacture of what we consider safe arrow tips. 

Hope this answers your questions. Do not hesitate to ask if something is still unclear.  ;)
If there is any equipment that you think is problematic, please post pictures and relevant data, so I could give you at least a rough answer.

Бускадор

• Administrator
  • Публикации: 1378
  • Liked: 240
  • Хайдутин на свободна практика
    • Профил
    • Ларп работи
« Отговор #57 -: 11 Май, 2010, 16:32:04 pm »
Който е бил да каже как е минало и точно колко сърбите са по напред с материала от нас.  :cheers:

http://drunkethics.blogspot.com/
http://basiclarp.blogspot.com/

Though mortal men have little life beside the span of the Elves, they would rather spend it in battle then fly or submit... though Morgoth slay the doer he cannot make the deed not have been.

Borian

• Публикации: 23
    • Профил
« Отговор #58 -: 12 Май, 2010, 12:51:34 pm »
Вашият аксесоари са невероятно добри! Вашият RP е страхотно! Хората, които идват от вашата страна, вие, са представени в най-добра светлина! ние не можем да чакаме да се срещнем отново с теб! Ние може да ви посети в националното си LARPu :)

Lt. Hellen Frost

• Диктатор
    • Профил
« Отговор #59 -: 12 Май, 2010, 15:20:12 pm »
Многобројан захвалност за своју врсту речи. Такође верујемо да сте дивна прибор, као исто предуслов за добар ролплеи погодан за сетинг. Надамо се да ћемо ускоро имати прилику да се поново састану и моћи да се вратите да нас посетите овог лета.

:P