ЛАРП

21 Януари, 2018, 01:46:16 am
Добре дошъл/дошла, Гост. Моля, въведи своето потребителско име или се регистрирай.
Изгубил си активационния е-мейл?

ЛАРП България - НОВИНИ

ЛАРП » English section » English section » LARP Serbia » Vladimirovac 2010 »Тема: Larp in Serbia, 6-10 May 2010

Автор Тема: Larp in Serbia, 6-10 May 2010  (Прочетена 9775 пъти)

0 Потребители и 1 Гост преглежда(т) тази тема.

DenG

• Публикации: 735
  • Liked: 0
  • Eh?
    • Профил
Re:Larp in Serbia, 6-10 May 2010
« Отговор #30 -: 08 Март, 2010, 20:29:22 pm »
I Really hope to come, but unfortunately, can't say for sure.

Lt. Hellen Frost

• Диктатор
  • Публикации: 2282
  • Liked: 996
    • Профил
« Отговор #31 -: 08 Март, 2010, 21:00:15 pm »
If my count is right, about nine people said that they would come. Now, I need an approximate list of people that can confirm with reasonable certainty, that they would come and play in order to make proper technical arrangements. For that, I would need full name, passport number (if you have one now, and are willing to share it this early) and an active e-mail. Please use personal messages for that.

Your count is surely right, but unfortunately it is not reliable. I personally have knowledge of 3 people, who are pretty sure to come and who never posted in this thread; at the same time I am afraid some of those who posted might appear likely not to come.

My suggestion: give us a reasonable deadline (would 3 weeks in advance be good enough for you to be able to manage the organization?) to provide you with the number of BG participants and list of names and details you request. We will manage to organize ourselves to comply with that deadline in one way or another.

I see that you have clans. What are they? Separate organizations or in-game groups or both? Then, which clans etc. are likely to attend the event and with how many people each (fewer than 3, fewer than 5, fewer than 10, more than 10)? What are the relations among the participating clans/clan members and what are their agendas?

Clans are very interesting; they are both in-game groups and real life let me say informal groups of friends. However, they are not "applicable" on each larp event. We have a type of events, called among us "clan larps", which are structured in a highly competitive manner; at other larps people assume a role and play regardless of which clan they belong to.

As for your event, I consider it very unlikely that any of the clans would be able to come with so many of their members to play as a clan. I am not speaking on their behalf ofc, so they will correct me if I am wrong. Still, I believe it will not be applicable to group us - BG guests, by our clan affiliation.

E.g., as for my clan, so far 2 people, including myself, are planning to come.

Lт.Cmd Frost, Yоu and Zeratul are the founders of clan Messengers of Chaos. Right? You said that you would be likely to visit us, so, could you give me just the most basic data about your clan? [...]

You have a quite correct impression about the clan; even if the clan structure does prove to be inaplicable for this event, it will be my pleasure to send you additional information about us in the coming days.

Feel free to ask anything related to the game or event, Borian and I will be happy to keep answering all the questions.
You'll be kept up to date with everything related to the event.

Huh. This was a long one. Hope I've got you more intrigued by now and hope to see some confirmations soon. :)

I would like to thank you very much for your efforts and expess my highest appreciation of your management and organization. I am looking very much forward to coming.
« Последна редакция: 08 Март, 2010, 21:40:49 pm от Lt. Cmdr. Hellen Frost »

CAsper

• Публикации: 18
    • Профил
    • My Deviant Art page
« Отговор #32 -: 09 Март, 2010, 17:23:50 pm »
Цитат
Your count is surely right, but unfortunately it is not reliable. I personally have knowledge of 3 people, who are pretty sure to come and who never posted in this thread; at the same time I am afraid some of those who posted might appear likely not to come.

Hmmm. That's something already.  That can let us calibrate the game for any eventualities.

Цитат
My suggestion: give us a reasonable deadline (would 3 weeks in advance be good enough for you to be able to manage the organization?) to provide you with the number of BG participants and list of names and details you request. We will manage to organize ourselves to comply with that deadline in one way or another.

It seems that 3 weeks are reasonable, I just need minimal number of players that will come. I'll check with the rest of organisers when would we need which data. Basically, I have what i need regarding number of participants now.  I'll get back to you ASAP regarding this.

Цитат
...    .As for your event, I consider it very unlikely that any of the clans would be able to come with so many of their members to play as a clan. I am not speaking on their behalf ofc, so they will correct me if I am wrong. Still, I believe it will not be applicable to group us - BG guests, by our clan affiliation.   ....

OK, does that suggest that there is a reasonable chance that players are equally likely to split among the 3 factions, side with one, or even act as an independent group and a fourth side?   

Цитат
I would like to thank you very much for your efforts and expess my highest appreciation of your management and organization. I am looking very much forward to coming.
Thank you very much.  :bow:
 I will do my best to keep up with the track of things and make the game as interesting as possible.

I will have more questions later. 

Aerie

• Публикации: 1397
  • Liked: 278
  • Грешка на източното пекарско изкуство
    • Профил
« Отговор #33 -: 09 Март, 2010, 21:36:48 pm »
Някой може ли да ми каже, дали за паспорт ми трябват подписи от двама родители, щом съм пълнолетна? Щот в заявлението не пише дали е само за малолетни...

Lt. Hellen Frost

• Диктатор
    • Профил
« Отговор #34 -: 09 Март, 2010, 22:12:06 pm »
Ако си пълнолетна, е напълно невъзможно да ти трябва нещо подобно.

robber

• Арбитър
  • Публикации: 271
  • Liked: 4
    • Профил
« Отговор #35 -: 11 Март, 2010, 15:47:04 pm »
Hi
I have some questions, but I`m not sure you can answer me now .

Can you give us some more information about the game? Some basic (start) scenario ?

Also I want know the rules like weapon damage, armor defense ... magics ...

For example:  In our game (more at 90%) we have:

All weapons make 1 damage
Arrow - 1 damage (no amount limit)
Throwing weapon - 1 damage (amount is class/role limited)
Shields - indestructible
Cloth / Dress - no defense
Leather Armor - +1 defense
Chain Mail Armor - +2 defense
Plate/Full Plate Armor- +2 defense
Combination: Leather Armor+any “metal” armor - +2 defense (only with metal)
Combination: Chain Mail+Plate/Full Plate Armor - +3 defense

All parts of body have 1 HP (Health Point)
Head - forbidden (0 damage) if someone make a “Head hit” will be punished ...

That mean, if I have Leather Armor ... I will die on second hit in the body (+1 Armor Defense +1 HP)

Best regards and SUCCESS!
« Последна редакция: 11 Март, 2010, 15:48:36 pm от robber »
IYI

CAsper

• Профил
    • My Deviant Art page
« Отговор #36 -: 11 Март, 2010, 19:17:39 pm »
aaaa... The rules that we regularly use have 1-6points of armor, 1-6 points of weapons. If AC<DC, than zou deal 1 dmg. All bodyparts have 1 hp. If you get hit in the body or loose both arms you are dead. With a ton of bonuses, and magic, they are overly complex.  Some of us are still pushing for a card-based-magic (no combat magic) system, with armor going 0-1, and weapons 1-2. Same dmg. dealing rules.  Major difference is that arms, armor and shields get destroyed in combat, and would require repair.  Emphasis on the second system would be to make all the rules necessary to play well lernable in an hour's time. 
Бранич Гавранова is overly complex if it is to be learned in short time, let alone transleted into another language and modified for multy-group use.
G.L.A.R.S. is made for just such kind of events where many groups that use different rules and speak different languages, converge. 

I should have a definite ruling on this in two weeks time and send you the rules that WILL be used on Vladimirovac 5.  Borian told me that lt.cmd.Frost has a copy of our rules (Бранич Гавранова / G.o.R.) at this time. Is that correct? 

Hellen, the deadline is set to 3 weeks prior to the event, for the approximate list of participants. A three of days prior to your departure, we shuould get a near-complete list of Bulgarian attendants.

Robber, I will get back on the plan for the event later.  It is not too scripted, so a lot depends on what would happen on LARPs in the wollowing month and a half.  Also, depending on info that we manage to gather, regarding you charactes, factions and the manner in which BGLARPers are likely to play, we should be able to add a specific part of plot, other than "here is a group of merchants, mercs and adventurists". 

I'll post more details about the game itself pretty soon.

Lt. Hellen Frost

• Диктатор
    • Профил
« Отговор #37 -: 11 Март, 2010, 23:06:24 pm »
Borian told me that lt.cmd.Frost has a copy of our rules (Бранич Гавранова / G.o.R.) at this time. Is that correct?

Hm, I don't think so... Is it possible he sent me something long time ago and I forgot?

Hellen, the deadline is set to 3 weeks prior to the event, for the approximate list of participants. A three of days prior to your departure, we shuould get a near-complete list of Bulgarian attendants.

OK! Will comply.

Borian

• Публикации: 23
    • Профил
« Отговор #38 -: 15 Март, 2010, 14:43:57 pm »
I gave our rules on Serbian to your player George, and he said that he has a friend that speaks Serbian and will translate it on Bulgarian :)
I have posted something about that in "Hello" topic in English section.

We are preparing this event the best we can an expecting much of it :D
We gain support of local politician, help in organization from other larp groups in Serbia, and it looks promising :)

Азар

• Lightbringer
  • Публикации: 391
  • Liked: 73
  • Боил на Мрака
    • Профил
    • Бялата страница
« Отговор #39 -: 28 Март, 2010, 22:49:30 pm »
I wanted to add two aspects of our game that seem rather important and we have skipped thus far:

First: here in Bg we have the so called "cutthroat kill" in which if a player manages to slide the blade of his knife or other short weapon at his enemy's throat (with the necessary care ofc) he scores an instant kill. A neck protected by leather or metal gains the respective points of defense. This can be done both in a direct duel or as a surprise attack and it's effectiveness is related by the user's skill.
Second: Here we have a whole system for magical potions that differ from deadly poisons to love potions, potions for forgetfulness, loyalty, cures and many other roleplay oriented effects.

Might be a bit late for that but i thought it might be useful.

И по-важното: ръчкам ви да се активизирате около превода на правилата, защото има сериозен интерес към мероприятието. :)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
- Arthur C. Clarke

Borian

• Публикации: 23
    • Профил
« Отговор #40 -: 29 Март, 2010, 00:16:02 am »
Радвам се да чуя, че е налице сериозен zaiteresovanost за събитието! Надявам се, че ще дойде да колкото е възможно! Всеки гост от вашия yemlje е много добре дошли!
Вашият играч Robber иска да знае правилата на магията, и аз се надявам, че ние ще превърне най-важните неща за събитието. :)

Every information you give us is useful :)
I'll gladly comply! ;)
« Последна редакция: 29 Март, 2010, 00:17:43 am от Borian »

Lt. Hellen Frost

• Диктатор
    • Профил
« Отговор #41 -: 29 Март, 2010, 12:25:45 pm »
И по-важното: ръчкам ви да се активизирате около превода на правилата, защото има сериозен интерес към мероприятието. :)

I have no rules to translate, furthermore, if they are in Serbian, I will not be able to. And if they are more than 5-6 pages, I do not think it is realistic that anyone do it for us.

Borian, CAsper, what are the chances we get some kind of summary - the stuff we need to know in short, in English?

Mystic

• Стража
  • Публикации: 230
  • Liked: 35
    • Профил
    • http://gorata.net/f.php?f=Salador
« Отговор #42 -: 29 Март, 2010, 17:32:32 pm »
Oh and one thing I want to ask - if you have any guide how to make the kind of weapons you use I will appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

~Mystic~
Колкото по-тъмна е нощта, толкова по-ярко светят звездите...

Помогнете за развитието на една горичка http://gorata.net/f.php?f=Salador

CAsper

• Профил
    • My Deviant Art page
« Отговор #43 -: 31 Март, 2010, 03:19:27 am »
It's been a while since my last post, so here it goes:

For weapons, quick and dirty guide:

1. Take a high presure PVC pipe (the green ones are what we use here, they have a 3mm thick wall).
2. Pick a diametar that is sufficient not to make your weapon wobbly.  For refference, 1/2'' is good for swords up to 90/95cm long, 3/4'' for those up to 120cm, and 1'' for those up to 150cm. 
3. Take close cell foam and fresh glue.
4. Cut the cell foam to 3cm longer than your intended blade is.
5. Smear a lot of glue on the core ( PVC ) and rub the PVC against the interior of your foam.
6. take the PVC out and put it back in.
7. Take remaining foam, and stick it inside the 3cm cavity at the tip of your blade, and stick it the same way.
8. tape it all together. Do not compress foam with tape, just stick it. Pay carefull attention to reenforce the tip, and end of the blade.
9. construct a pommel using layers of foam each taped to the PVC untill you get to the diametar of 6,5cm.
10. - OPTIONAL but encouraged -  take a long strip, 1-2cm thick and 3cm wide of open cell foam and glue it along striking edges of the blade.
11. Cover the blade in thinnest nylon that you can find and with a cloth cover.  Fabric should be white, silver, light grey etc. 

-For shields, you need a solid core of 10mm plywood or equivalent plastic. 
-Round of the edges, stick 15mm thick closed cell foam all around them.
-Drill holes every 5-10cm around the edge, and use thin cheap rope to tie the foam to the shield. Nothing will stick it well enough, so it has to be roped.   
-Cover the front and the edges of the shield with 2cm of open cell foam. 
-Cover it all up with fabric and paint it. Use the nylon to waterproof it.
-Put the handles on before the open cell foam.

Open cell foam is what sponges are made of. Close cell foam is what is used for thermoinsulation and comes in great variety. Use the one that is approximately hard as foam sleeping mats for campers, or a little harder.  The foam comes both in sheets and pipes, but buy pipes for the ease of the construction, as they are both cheap, and you won't have to fiddle with sticking layers and layers of it together.

Hitting edges of weapons must have at least 20mm of CCF on them or 10mm of OCF+15mm of CCF. Other parts likely to hit a person must have at least 9mm of CCF on them. 
Shields need  to have edges constructed in the same way as blades, and 20mm OCF on faces.   
No sharp protrudions or similar parts are allowed on weapons, shields and armour (ie. spikes, long bolts, sharp metal etc.)

I'll google out some instructions for you on the web an post them here. I have seen some of your weapons, and most of them seem pretty similar, so I think they will pose no problem.
Post several pics of your weapons, as I'm likely to tell you what appears to work and what not, which will save us a lot of time.

Huh, that was a long one.  ...now, for another one.  :)

CAsper

• Профил
    • My Deviant Art page
« Отговор #44 -: 31 Март, 2010, 03:28:31 am »
Now, to answer Robber's question about the plots and what will be happening in the game.
Game mechanics will be addressed in the next post.

Now, before you start reading the rest, mind that stuff will be added along, as I get more info about how many players are coming, what are their characters likely to do and what is your intended in-game structure at the event.

Fight-wise Thursday and most of Friday are focused on bashing out 2 groups of NPCs and tournament type of fights. Friday evening and Saturday should break into an all-out  war.

All plots will be inter connected, and will start on different days (Thursday, Friday, Saturday), so most players will be able to chose which amount of role play and combat will suit them and act accordingly.  

So, if you want to fight, there will be a lot of fighting. If you want a competative LARP, there will be a lot of opportunity for that. If you want to solve riddles and quests, you can have your go at it. You can do all of it as well.

"Corn-folks" (Раја из 'куруза ) are a fun spin-of from Vladimirovac 4, so they will appear here to loosen up the atmosphere and serve as a warm-up crew for new players. The plot is focused around last years  blood-ball game that went wrong and corn prices, so they've started a rebelion, in which they have managed to kill and retain a corpse of a powerful  soothsayer. The soothsayer must be resurrected and kept alive until the prince arrives. The plot involves a very powerful NPC, blood-ball, several magical items and a peasant mob that is absolutely chaotic in its behavior and cares only for fuZbal and corn prices.

All willing to play a member of a corn-folk mob may send me a PM. Corn-folks will appear, at latest, until Friday morning. Than you will be able to play your own character.

"Vikings" are also a problem for our little princedom, and they are comming in greater numbers this time, deemed to take as much gold back home as they possibly can.  Expect them to keep looking for loot, raquet, magical items, ransom and prisoners for days.

Anyone willing to play a marauder, on the Viking side, to have a lot of fighting, hikking and tactics on hands should send me a PM. Vikings will most likely start fighting Thursday evening and fight through the end of the event.

"Bran" is a mercenary and an alcoholic with a bloody family history, that had worked as a guard of the Great Emperor (who is a carbon-copy of a random Varangian guardsman). Since, he had worked as a mercenary in these lands, and had all of his 10 fingers in a robbery of 8kg of gold with 3 berserkers that he met on his way. The prince, and an unknown man put a price on his head. A very good one at that, equaling 55 daily wages, total. Bounty hunters, bankers and other folks willing to lend or earn large sums of cash will have quite an opportunity to do that, IF they are able to find out who Bran is, capture him, and figure out who is the other person who has put a 30 daily wages price on his head.   (Bounty might be increased in order to increase motivation for getting  AND supplying the ransom.)

There are 3 more plots that will be kept secret until the start of the game. Some are D'n'D type brain-crackers , some are "what would a group of medieval brigands do if they think they would get away unpunished".
Attending groups and players that supply their biographies, will their assignments before the game starts.  
Get involved as much as you can in the character interaction, as owning and twisting non-rule-based information will be of utmost importance for most plots.
« Последна редакция: 31 Март, 2010, 03:31:18 am от CAsper »