ЛАРП

24 Април, 2018, 01:06:37 am
Добре дошъл/дошла, Гост. Моля, въведи своето потребителско име или се регистрирай.

ЛАРП България - НОВИНИ

ЛАРП » English section » English section » LARP Serbia » Vladimirovac 2010 »Тема: Larp in Serbia, 6-10 May 2010

Автор Тема: Larp in Serbia, 6-10 May 2010  (Прочетена 10011 пъти)

0 Потребители и 1 Гост преглежда(т) тази тема.

Borian

• Публикации: 23
  • Liked: 0
    • Профил
Larp in Serbia, 6-10 May 2010
« -: 24 Февруари, 2010, 14:37:50 pm »
Hello again! After many months of silence :)

I want to invite you to Serbia on biggest larp event ever in our organization (yet) :) from 6th to 10th of Maj this year!
It is held near Belgrade, and if you're interested I'll give you detailed information!
It has all commodity a camp can give with one cooked meal per day and supply of water.
You are more than welcome to come and participate!
Hope that you will come!

Until then I will be at your service to answer all the questions :)

Generally, the story is that united forces of free people has stood up to the viking tyranny and their rampage! etc...

Lot of good fun, young people, magic, armors, weapons & alcohol  :rock:
 :cheers:   

Бускадор

• Administrator
  • Публикации: 1378
  • Liked: 240
  • Хайдутин на свободна практика
    • Профил
    • Ларп работи
« Отговор #1 -: 24 Февруари, 2010, 15:05:31 pm »
4 days long event? Nice, and a quite tempting offer. Could you give out  more specific details about it?

http://drunkethics.blogspot.com/
http://basiclarp.blogspot.com/

Though mortal men have little life beside the span of the Elves, they would rather spend it in battle then fly or submit... though Morgoth slay the doer he cannot make the deed not have been.

Borian

• Профил
« Отговор #2 -: 24 Февруари, 2010, 15:26:46 pm »
No problem!

Terrain is combination of forest and wide openings! there are hunting look-outs around that we use.
There will be two in-game camps (vikings and others) but in the later in the evening we all get together to party  :drunk:
Complete scenario will be known only to few people (GMs)

ask me what you wana know :) and I will answer :)

Lt. Hellen Frost

• Диктатор
  • Публикации: 2285
  • Liked: 1000
    • Профил
« Отговор #3 -: 24 Февруари, 2010, 16:17:22 pm »
The dates are fantastic, as 6 May is a holiday - I think for you too, no?, so these will be days free of work and I am very seriously considering to come. My questions so far:

1) Do you happen to know if we currently need any kind of visas - don't worry if you cannot answer, I will check;

2) Do you know what is the approximate distance in km from Belgrade to the place of the larp?

3) 1 EURO = approx. 70 Dinars - is that correct?

4) Can you give some reference prices in Dinars - for example how much do you pay for 1 beer, 1 coffee, 1 sandwich, 1 bread at the supermarket?

5) What is the price of 1 litre of gasoline and 1 litre of diesel?

6) If people arrive with cars, how far from the place of the larp will they have to leave them?

7) When do we need to arrive in order not to be late - perhaps 5 May? Will there be anyone available to help us to get to the place and set camp?

8 ) Speaking of which - we bring our own tents etc. and set them in the camp and sleep there all the nights - is my understanding correct?

9) At what time on 10th does the larp end? If people from Bulgaria need to leave on 9 May in the afternoon will it be destructive for the larp, will it be ok?

10) What are the requirements to costumes?

11) What are the requirement to weapons?

Thank you very much in advance for your answers.
« Последна редакция: 24 Февруари, 2010, 16:19:48 pm от Lt. Cmdr. Hellen Frost »

gadina_prokleta

• Oпозиция
  • Публикации: 2547
  • Liked: 438
  • светъл елф
    • Профил
    • Bright Future
« Отговор #4 -: 24 Февруари, 2010, 16:23:04 pm »
Other important questions:

12) Will you require a tax or other payment for the resources you will provide (one cooked meal per day and supply of water etc)@

13) Will there be a preliminary registration of participants and in what terms?

CAsper

• Публикации: 18
    • Профил
    • My Deviant Art page
« Отговор #5 -: 24 Февруари, 2010, 16:59:14 pm »
I could answer some of your questions.

1) Vladimirovac (Владимировац) is about 50km NE of Belgrade (pics to follow) and the bus fare Belgrade-Vladimirovac is about 3 EUR (Return ticket about 4EUR). There are two buss companies providing service, but I've listed the more expensive one (Stup-Vršаc/Ступ-Вршац), as the  other (Leon/Леон) does 1-2 tours a day.

2) As far as I remember, no. It is us that need visas to enter Bulgaria, and we get them quite easily. Do ask in Serbian Embassy

3)No. It is more like 95RSD=1EUR these days, and it is most likely that 1EUR will be 90-100 RSD in May.

4) All right, here it goes:
Beer (local) 40-50 RSD 0.5 glass bottle. 100-120RSD 2l plastic bottle, 45-75 0.5l alu can.  Imported is up to 3 times more expencive, depending on the brand.
Meat:400-600rsd/kg avg.
Bread: ~50/loaf
Milk: ~100/l
Guarrana - energy drink 0.25 55-70/ 0.25l Red bull about 100. I prefer Guarana as it doesn't have such "Turkish bubble-gum taste"

5) ~110rsd for gasoline, I don't know about diesel, but it is about as much, and 1\2 for LPG

6) 1,5km if they cant drive on a dirtroad AND it gets muddy. Generally most cars can reach the site itself.

7) may 6. Though you can come may 5. If you choose to leave your vehicles it Vladimirovac itself, there will be organised transport on 6. and 10. may for people and cargo.

8) yes. If you absolutely can't bring your own tents we could attempt to arrange for some extra tents.

9) Usually the last day is only reserved for packing, and ussually we leave camp about 12:00-14:00h.  This could change, but you will be informed in time. So the answer is: it is not likely to mess too much with the game, though last night of the event tends to be a little more intense than others, gamewise.

10) Ideally no modern clothes. At minimum: a good tunic and non-modern-looking legwear. ie. black sports trousers with masked logos etc.

11) For swords: 1/2 to 1 inch green  PVC pipe core (go for the lightest that does not bend when you pull your blows, or whip in the air), 15mm of close cell foam on blades and heads, and 20mm of open cell foam on edges.  You can check Amtgard rules, as our weapons are compatible. No solid core axe- and maceheads. Add OCF and CCF for heavier weapons. Stocking or light cloth over that. I'll try to get more detailed instuctions soon. It is very likely that we will have some spare weapons for everyone. 

12) Yes, but we don't have the exact prices yet. Expect 250RSD max per day, though I assume it won't be more than 100. Last year meals costed about 50 RSD per attendant, so they could be up to an Euro this year, but 70-80 RSD is more likely. You'll know when we know. :)

13) Read and learn the rules, and that's it. AFAIK Borian has sent them to you? Right? They are simple enough that you can learn the basics on site. It would be preferable that you have a group leader if there 3 or more will be attending the event.

CAsper

• Профил
    • My Deviant Art page
« Отговор #6 -: 24 Февруари, 2010, 17:10:20 pm »
Here's the location of the game site in relation to Belgrade:

The village/town itself is about an hour's walk from the site.  

And the game site itself:

Pin marks the usual location of the main camp.  
We usually play in and around the forest where the camp is.  You can get a good idea about the topography if you take a look at it in google earth and exaggerate elevations to the factor of 3.  
There are 2 commonly used lookout towers, one 700m to the SSE, and another about 200m to the East. They are in the close proximity to al locations commonly used as in-game camps.  We might move Viking camp out of th area on this map.  

Oh, and a pretty important thing that I forgot to inform you of:
Nights can be pretty COLD (guess 5-10C ) around 1st may,  so bring warmer sleeping bags and warm clothes.  I've seen you LARP in the winter, so I assume that you are equipped well enough for that.  Winter sleeping bags are a slight overkill even for me, but summer ones are a bit chilly for most. During the days, temps go up to 30-35 C if we don-t catch a lot of rain. 
« Последна редакция: 24 Февруари, 2010, 17:19:56 pm от CAsper »

Borian

• Профил
Re:Larp in Serbia, 6-10 May 2010
« Отговор #7 -: 24 Февруари, 2010, 18:00:17 pm »
everything Casper said is true :)
Gasoline is petrol 100-106 RSD, diesel 94-98RSD
There is two ways to the camp and one, that is 1 km longer, is always ok. My car is low, and always full with equipment, and passing with no problem :)

We're expecting quests from Croatia and Ireland as well, and  trying to contact Hungary and Slovakia and other countries  from the region..

If you decide to came day earlier, we will welcome you and some of us will came and help you set camp :)

DenG

• Публикации: 735
  • Eh?
    • Профил
« Отговор #8 -: 24 Февруари, 2010, 18:56:32 pm »
One other thing nobody asked about: What language are we going to use on the accual larp?
(although this might seem like an idiotic question, I've never been on an international larp, so I have no way of knowing.)

CAsper

• Профил
    • My Deviant Art page
« Отговор #9 -: 24 Февруари, 2010, 21:02:39 pm »
We are making arrangements to facilitate use of English in the game itself. Almost of the spells and skills that we use are copied and translated form Amtgard, so an English copy should be readily available, but I'll have to check which version of Amtgard was used. We are also contemplating other alternatives.

My experience so far is that with some slow talking and some hand waving Bulgarian and Serbian are pretty much mutually understandable. Had been to Nesebar a couple of years ago and had no need for any other language than SErbian. English did make things easier from time to time. The only thing that might be a problem is the fact that some Bulgarians pronounce ь or ъ as "A" and others as a mute vowel. And Serbian speakers from the southern parts of the country and those knowing some Russian or old Slavic have no problems at all.

It is a similar thing with Czech. Croatian is even easier. Hungarian could be a problem, but Borian is working on that.

Бускадор

• Administrator
    • Профил
    • Ларп работи
« Отговор #10 -: 24 Февруари, 2010, 22:29:49 pm »
We can handle the language barrier, though it will be a bit awkward. :D On the other hand no better way to roleplay foreigners than actually being ones.

Though mortal men have little life beside the span of the Elves, they would rather spend it in battle then fly or submit... though Morgoth slay the doer he cannot make the deed not have been.

Borian

• Профил
« Отговор #11 -: 24 Февруари, 2010, 22:50:25 pm »
I hope this will be start of great cooperation between every larp organization in the region!
Thanks to your forum!
 :bow:

:D

Бускадор

• Administrator
    • Профил
    • Ларп работи
« Отговор #12 -: 24 Февруари, 2010, 23:03:21 pm »
Some up to date reference material - photos/videos etc. will be useful to us too.

robber

• Арбитър
  • Публикации: 271
  • Liked: 4
    • Профил
« Отговор #13 -: 24 Февруари, 2010, 23:29:23 pm »
cool ... I am IN :)
IYI

Falstad

• Публикации: 1037
  • Liked: 78